DermatologyClick to see more information
The staff at Hieber's has been compounding preparations that treat dermatological problems for over 100 years. We are constantly using our skills as compounders to work with physicians to maximize therapeutic outcome.
Vehicles Commonly Used in Dermatology
- Foams - Foams are stored as a liquid, which foams up when it comes in contact with the air. We can work with your physician to combine the foam with most medicinal powders in strengths that are not commercially available.
- Topical Creams, Ointments, and Gels - Topical agents are the quintessential vehicle for dermatology. They can include many active ingredients and be custom made to the final concentrations you desire.
- Lip Balms - Lip balm applicators can be used to treat a variety of dermatologic conditions. They may be antiviral or moisturizing or used to treat angular cheilitis.
- Solutions - Liquid solutions are often used to treat dermatological problems on the scalp. Solutions can also be used as a good vehicle to administer various medications for alopecia, skin sensitivity, psoriasis, itching or any topical infection.
Common Dermatology Problems and Solutions
- Age Spots - At Hieber's, we have a variety of skin bleaching creams.
- Antiperspirant - We offer a wide array of antiperspirant prescriptions, such as glycopyrrolate which does not contain aluminum. Our pharmacist will work with your physician to compound a prescription that works for you.
- Diaper Rash - At Hieber's, we make a variety of diaper rash creams that help protect your baby’s buttocks from moisture while also healing red, irritated skin. We can also add antifungal agents to the diaper cream to help treat yeast infections.
- Hair Loss - We make a variety of solutions, creams, lotions and gels to help stimulate hair growth for both men and women.
- Nail Removal - We can create a cream to remove a nail from the nail bed.
- Psoriasis - We have a large variety of medications used for psoriasis that are both over-the-counter and prescription items. Some of our latest formulations contain B12 for a more natural approach.
- Warts - Hieber's offers an array of medications to treat warts. Our staff offers comprehensive counseling for more effective use of our topical agents.